Yael Cibulski (b.1988) is an Israeli dancer, teacher and choreographer, based in Berlin.
Yael holds a bachelor’s degree in dance from the Codarts University for the Arts in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and is a former member of the Vertigo Dance Company in Israel. Additionally, Yael is a Feldenkrais® practitioner, certified by the Ruty Bar Feldenkrais Method Training Program in Tel Aviv.
Since 2015, Yael has worked as a freelance dancer with various choreographers. Additionally, she has taught and developed her technique in the form of masterclasses and workshops held around the world, at a variety of academies, companies and dance training programs.
2014 – 2018
Feldenkrais Teachers training program of Ruti Bar (Tel Aviv)
BA at the Rotterdam Dance Academy (Codarts)
Dancer Training Program in of the Kibutz Dance Company, Israel
High School Graduate of the Dance Department in Ein-Ha’Horesh, Israel
Freelance teacher / rehearsal director / creator, both independently and in pre-professional dance programs such as:
- The Vertigo International Dance Program (Jerusalem, Israel)
- Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company (Ga’aton, Israel)
- The Dance Workshop Ga’aton (Israel)
- Bikurey Ha’itim (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Codarts Dance Academy (Rotterdam, Holland)
- Iwanson International School of Contemporary Dance (Munich,
- Marameo, TanzFabrik (Berlin, Germany)
- TanzFabrik (Berlin, Germany)
- Bad Lemons (Munich, Germany)
- Goa Dance Residency (Goa, India)
- DAR Dance Academy (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- MAD Dance Company (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- NOD (Torino, Italy)
- Milkshake Project (Paris, France)
Additional work during 2015-2021
- Restaged repertory of the Vertigo Dance Company at private studios around Israel and abroad – Opificio (Rome), Madanze (Milano).
- Dancer at ‘Idan Sharabi & Dancers‘ (Tel-Aviv).
- Dancer and assistant choreographer to Jasmine Ellis (Munich). Presented our works: “Empathy,” “Yove,” “Ease of Confusion,” “Relent”
and “Laila” at Springboard Danse Montreal 2016 and 2017 (Montreal,
- Dancer in “Arnhem CS,” a project by Dunja Jocic (Amsterdam, Holland).
- Dancer in “Sexbox” by Impermanence Dance Theatre (Bristol, UK), performed at Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2017 (Scotland, UK).
- Freelance dancer with Vertigo Dance Company.
- Rehearsal director for Sally-Ann Friedland Dance Company.
- Dancer and co-creator with the Vertigo Dance Company in Israel. Performed around Israel and abroad with several pieces by Noa Wertheim, including: “Birth of the Phoenix,” “Vertigo and The Diamonds,” “Mana,” “Null,” “Reshimo,” “Vertigo 20” – winner of the Israel Ministry of Culture Prize for Best Performance in 2013.
- Co-production with American choreographer Anna Halperin (2014).
- Performed and co-created a project by Fernando Martinez, supported by Random Collision in the Netherlands.
- Performed and co-created “PreText” by Chan Ho Lam in the Netherlands and Hong Kong.
2007 – 2010
Internship at Conny Janssen Danst – performed and co-created “Ruis” which toured across the Netherlands.